Making your own McMuffins is easier than you might think. As I will demonstrate in this video.
They are the perfect treat and way better than the ones you buy. Plus, you can fill them with your favourite fillings. This recipe makes 4 muffins. Multiply the amount of ingredients to make more.
Watch the video down below for detailed instructions.
140g (5oz) strong white bread flour
10g (0.35oz) soft butter
2g (0.07oz) salt
6g (0.2oz) sugar
1 egg yolk
1g (0.03oz) dry yeast or 3x the amount of fresh yeast
100g (3.5oz) cold milk
Semolina for sprinkling
To learn more about dough temperature control click here.
- In a bowl add the milk, yeast, salt, sugar, butter, and egg yolk. Mix to combine.
- Add the flour and mix until no dry flour left.
- Knead the dough using the stretch and fold method for around 5 – 7 minutes. Desired dough temperature 25 – 26C (77-79F).
- Cover and proof for 1.5 hours.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces and shape into balls.
- Sprinkle your pan generously with semolina and place the dough balls in it. Sprinkle more semolina on top. Cover.
- Final proof 30 minutes.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes on one side. Flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
Let them cool down and enjoy!
Watch the video here