Butter rolls. Does what is says in the title!
These sweet little buttery buns are the perfect kind of dinner roll. This recipe makes 6 decently sized rolls. Multiply the amount of ingredients to make more. Watch my video down below for detailed instructions.
300g (10.6oz) strong white bread flour
30g (1oz) soft butter
18g (0.6oz) sugar
15g (0.5oz) milk powder
6g (0.2oz) salt
5g (0.17oz) dry yeast or 3x the amount of fresh yeast
140g (4.9oz) milk at around 20C (68F) if your kitchen is around 20 – 22C (68 – 71F).
To learn more about dough temperature control click here.
- Mix the milk, sugar, salt, yeast, milk powder, egg, and the butter until well combined.
- Add the flour and knead for 5 minutes. Desired dough temperature 24 – 25C (75 – 77F).
- Proof for 1 hour.
- Divide in 6 equal pieces. And divide each piece in 3. Shape into rounds.
- Place in a greased muffin tin.
- Final proof for 45 minutes. During this time pre heat your oven to 200C (400f) fan off.
- Brush with butter & bake for around 15 – 20 minutes.
- Brush once again with butter when they are ready.
Cold down and enjoy whilst fresh!
Watch the video here