The simplest things are often the best.
This shortbread biscuit recipe is fool proof, and the result is just as good, if not better than ones made with a mixer. The trick here is to really cream the butter with the sugar. This will give the biscuits a light texture. Setting them in the fridge with prevent them from spreading out whilst baking.
300g (10.5oz) white flour
200g (7.1oz) soft butter
100g (3.5oz) caster sugar, plus extra sugar for dusting.
- Pre-heat your oven to 150C (300F) no fan.
- Cream the softened butter and sugar until soft and smooth.
- Add the flour and work in until combined.
- Roll out to around 1.5cm (0.6in) and cut into desired shape.
- Chill in fridge for around 30 minutes or until set.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Once baked sprinkle with caster sugar. Don’t worry about sprinkling too much sugar because you will shake it off after the biscuits have cooled down.
Let cool down and enjoy!
Watch the video here