For some reason wraps seem like a warm weather thing. I can’t be the only one who thinks that way. At least I hope so because I’m posting this recipe in the middle of summer.
But regardless of when you come across this recipe, if you are looking for a super soft and thin tortilla that is extremely easy to make, then you’re in the right place.
This is not the first tortilla recipe on this channel, but it is certainly the best and the simplest. I’ve boiled it down to the bare essentials. Mix, rest, divide, shape, rest, roll, cook, enjoy. You could be eating these wraps in less an hour and a half.
This recipe makes 6 tortillas measuring at 25cm (10in) across.
Watch the video down below for detailed instructions.
- Melt the fat and boil the water.
- In a large bowl combine the salt and soda. Add the boiling water and melted fat. Mix well to dissolve the salt.
- Add the flour and mix to a dough. A fork works really well here.
- Cover and rest the dough for 30 minutes.
- Divide into 6 equal pieces and shape into balls.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out to 25cm (10in) across.
- Cook on high heat for 80 seconds in total. Flip the tortillas every 20 seconds.
- As soon as they come out the pan cover them, so they don’t dry out.
Watch The Video Here