These might just be the simplest crackers ever. But they make a great tasty snack.
Have them with a dip or with a beer on the side. It’s all good. You could knead in some parmesan to make them cheesy. Or you could sprinkle them with seeds of your choice.
And if you want to check out some more cracker recipes, then head over to the Flatbreads & Crackers playlist on my channel.
This recipe makes two trays. To make more simply multiply the ingredients.
Watch the video down below for detailed instructions.
For the dough –
250g (8.8oz) all-purpose flour
140g (4.9oz) milk
50g (1.75oz) cold butter, cut into cubes
7g (0.25oz) baking powder
1 egg to brush
8g (0.28oz) sea salt to sprinkle
- Combine the flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Rub in the butter.
- Add the milk and mix to a dough.
- Tip the dough out on the table and knead for no more than 30 seconds.
- Divide the dough in 2 equal pieces and shape into balls.
- Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. During this time pre-heat your oven to 180C (355F) fan off.
- Roll out the dough. Cut into the desired shape and size. Poke with a fork all over and brush with egg. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool down and enjoy!
You can store the crackers in an air-tight container for a few days. Pop them in the oven for a couple of minutes to crisp them up again.
Watch the video here