These basic unleavened flatbreads make a great meal on their own.
You can fill them with many different fillings. I made mine with a vegetable curry. This recipe makes 5 flatbreads. Multiply the amount of ingredients to make more.
Watch the video down below for detailed instructions.
150g (5.3oz) strong white bread flour
150g (5.3oz) wholemeal flour
180g (6.7oz) water
20g (0.7oz) vegetable oil
6g (0.2oz) salt
Filling of your choice
- Mix the water, salt, and oil. Stir to dissolve the salt flakes.
- Add both flours and mix until no dry flour left.
- Tip out on work surface and knead for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Wrap the dough ball in cling film and rest for at least 2 hours.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces.
- Place on a floured tray, cover and rest for 30 minutes. Pre-heat your oven to 250C (480F) fan on and place your baking vessel to pre-heat as well.
- Roll out two dough pieces at a time to around 20cm (7.5in) in diameter.
- Spread the filling in a thin layer, brush the edge with water and top with the second piece of dough.
- Bake for 2 – 3 minutes, flip and then bake for 2 – 3 minutes longer.
- Store under a tea towel to prevent them from drying out and to keep the pliable These breads can be pre-baked and reheated when required, they keep quite well for a couple of days.
Watch the video here