Another delicious and simple to make unleavened bread.
I do enjoy making these. You can use many different fillings, make them smaller or larger, thicker, or thinner. If you love flatbreads like I do, then check out the Flatbread page where I have many more recipes. This recipe makes 4 decently sized parcels. To make more just multiply the amount of ingredients.
Watch the video down below for detailed instructions.
For the dough –
200g (7oz) strong white bread flour
80g (2.8oz) milk
4g (0.14oz) salt
For the filling –
200g (7oz) feta cheese
30g (1oz) chopped parsley
1/4 small, diced onion
Black pepper to your taste
- Make the filling by mixing all the ingredients until well combined. Keep aside for later.
- Add the milk, egg, salt to a bowl and mix to combine. Add the flour and mix until no dry flour left.
- Knead the dough for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Divide it into 4 equal pieces and shape into tight balls.
- Rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. You can keep it in the fridge for several hours.
- Stretch the dough out until translucent. Add the filling and wrap into the parcel shape.
- Cook in a medium-hot pan in plenty of oil turning every 30 seconds until golden brown all over.
Watch the video here